Gray-Nicolls Cricket Bat Protect Toe
- 1x Tube of Adhesive
- 2x Strips of Toe Shield
- 1x Piece of Sand Paper
Protective rubber for the toe of your bat
Excellent for minimizing "toe swell" & yorker damage
Toe Shield is an easy to apply do-it-yourself product for new and old cricket bats.
Toe shield helps prevent Yorker Damage Splits, Cracks, Water Damage and Moisture Swelling.
- The bat must be dry and fee of oil to allow toe to bond properly.
- Rough up the toe of the bat with the sand paper supplied.
- Apply the first coat of adhesive evenly over the toe of the bat and the smooth side of the Toe Shield.
- Leave for 15 minutes and re-apply a second coat of adhesive to both surfaces again.
- Immediately attach the Toe Shield to the toe of the bat and apply pressure evenly.
- it is recommended to apply adhesive tape over the toe of the bat to secure Toe Shield down while drying.
- To achieve the best result leave for 12 hours.
- For a professional finish Toe Shield can be carefully trimmed with a sharp knife.
- if required the second strip can be attached to the face of the bat using the same instructions above.